How many attorney generals are there in New York?
Regional Office contact information or to file a complaint. In addition to the thirteen Regional Office, the Attorney General has two executive offices: one in Albany and one in New York City. Contact the executive office here.
Who is the New York State District Attorney?
New York County District Attorney
|District Attorney of New York County|
|Incumbent Cyrus Vance Jr. since January 1, 2010|
|First holder||Richard Riker|
How do I contact the NYS Attorney General?
- Contact Office by Mail: Office of the Attorney General. The Capitol. Albany, NY 12224-0341.
- Press Office Email: NYAG.Pressoffice@ag.ny.gov.
- General Helpline: 1-800-771-7755.
- TDD/TTY Toll Free Line: 1-800-788-9898.
- Healthcare Hotline: 1-800-428-9071.
- Medicaid Fraud Control Unit: 212-417-5397. Disclaimer.
How much does the New York attorney general make?
State executive salaries
|Office and current official||Salary|
|Attorney General of New York Letitia James|
|New York Secretary of State Rossana Rosado||$120,800|
|New York Public Service Commission James Alesi||$127,000|
|New York Commissioner of Agriculture Richard A. Ball||$120,800|
What did Eliot Spitzer do wrong?
On March 10, 2008, The New York Times reported that Governor of New York Eliot Spitzer had patronized a prostitution ring run by an escort service known as Emperors Club VIP. … Following the public disclosure of his actions, Spitzer resigned as Governor effective March 17, 2008.
How many assemblymen do we have in New York?
There are 150 seats in the Assembly. Assembly members serve two-year terms without term limits. The Assembly convenes at the State Capitol in Albany.
Members of the New York State Assembly.
What does the New York district attorney do?
And what do they do? A district attorney is the top prosecutor for a town, city, county or state. In New York City, each borough, which are each a separate county, has its own district attorney. Manhattan’s district attorney serves New York County, overseeing all local criminal prosecutions within the borough.
Who does the DA work for?
District Attorneys work for county governments and represent the government in criminal prosecutions. Each county has one District Attorney, who is in charge of the entire District Attorney’s Office. Many Deputy District Attorneys work for the head District Attorney, prosecuting various kinds of criminal cases.
How do you become a prosecutor in New York?
Steps to become a Lawyer/Attorney in New York
- Finish Your New York Undergraduate Pre-Law Education.
- Take the LSAT (Law School Admission Test)
- Go to Law School in New York.
- Take the New York State Bar Exam and become an Attorney.
- Now that You’ve Been Admitted to the New York Bar.
How do I file a consumer complaint in NY?
Consumers can file a complaint online at https://www.dos.ny.gov/consumerprotection/form/complaintform.asp or by requesting a consumer complaint form by calling the Consumer Assistance Hotline at (800) 697-1220.
How do I file a complaint against a business in NYC?
- Having a problem with a business? Consumer Affairs Has Your Back. DCA enforces the City’s Consumer Protection Law and uses mediation to help you resolve complaints against a business.
- Mailing Address: NYC Department of Consumer Affairs. Consumer Services Division. …
- Fax: (212) 487-4482.
How do I file a complaint with the New York attorney general?
- Complaint Form: To file a complaint, please complete the form at this link and mail it to us at:
- Phone: 212-416-8090.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PIB Hotline: …
- NYS OAG Information and Complaint Helpline: 1-800-771-7755.
- NY State Police Investigation:
Who is the highest paid governor in the United States?
The highest salary currently being accepted is that of New York Governor Andrew Cuomo at $225,000. The lowest salaries are those of Maine Governor Janet Mills and Pedro Pierluisi of Puerto Rico at $70,000 each.
What is the salary of the New York governor?
|Governor of New York|
|Formation||July 30, 1777|
|Deputy||Lieutenant Governor of New York|
How much does an assistant attorney general make in New York?
The typical New York State Office of the Attorney General Assistant Attorney General salary is $99,843. Assistant Attorney General salaries at New York State Office of the Attorney General can range from $79,412 – $138,332.